Wed, April 23, 2014
We are proud to announce the opening of our new over 60s club Ageactivity.
Recently Ageactivity replaced the much loved and respected CCA HELPS. CCA HELPS officially closed on 31st March 2014, as its five year funding stream came to an end. CCA HELPS ran for nearly 15 years within the Castlehaven Community Association, working with thousands of older Camden residents. CCA HELPS won awards and was a highly respected older people’s charity in the heart of Camden Town. We were sad to say good bye to CCA HELPS, but we will use what was learnt by running such a successful project into moulding Ageactivity into a thriving, positive and engaging older peoples club in Camden.
WHAT IS AGEACTIVITY?
Ageactivity is a new club for people aged over 60, it provides a vast variety of interesting, educational and healthy activities, events and experiences for members to enjoy, increase connections with others and feel part of the community. Plus you don’t need to be a Camden resident to join!
Ageactivitiy is managed by the award winning Castlehaven Community Association. CCA has over 30yrs experience working with older people and prides itself on providing friendly caring staff and volunteers, plus a space to feel welcome and respected.
The National Lottery, City Bridges Trust, local businesses & charitable trusts, have confirmed funding to provide Ageactivity throughout the next five years from April 2014 till April 2019!
HOW MUCH TO JOIN?
A yearly membership costs £15 per person. The money raised via this goes towards subsidising trips/events, stationary/stamps for mail-outs and tutors fees each year.
For only £15 per year (approx 29p per week), here are twelve good reasons why you should join Ageactivity:
1. You’ll have a full diary of activities organised for you, to improve your well being, physical and mental health and get you out of the house.
2. You’ll be offered regular free & affordable (with some amazing discounts) member events, classes, clubs and trips.
3. You will receive a birthday card & an invitation to a joint monthly birthday party.
4. You will be contacted regularly via mail-outs, emails and text messages (if you have a mobile phone) about all the latest news/events coming up.
5. You will receive reminder calls when you have booked a trip, event or meeting.
6. Meet new people of all ages, make new friends and acquaintances.
7. You’ll be offered opportunities to learn new skills, help others and pass on knowledge.
8. You will be part of a well respected award winning local Camden charity.
9. You’ll have access to a network of support, guidance and referrals to required services.
10. You will meet local businesses and community partners at events, workshops and fund raisers.
11. You will be given a voice in your local community to help make a difference.
12. We hope that you have lots of fun, laughs and new memories to share with friends and family.
You’ll never be bored at Ageactivity! There is something for everyone!
Call us on 0207 692 2238 or pop into the Ageactivity Office on Mondays to Fridays between 9.30am till 5.30pm. Ageactivity Office, The Haven, 23 Castlehaven Road (Camden Lock end), London NW1 8RU